sMiles is a showcase app for the possibilities of the Bitcoin Lightning Network. It gives you Satoshis (100 Millionth of a Bitcoin) for steps you take during the day and different activities. In the App Satoshis are just called Sats. It easily integrates with Google Fit & iOS Health apps that track your steps already. Uses the Lightning Network to efficiently send even small amounts of Bitcoin (Payouts start from 1000 Satoshis).
You can earn more Satoshis by answering polls, playing games (Fortune Wheel & Chess Puzzles on Android at the moment). The app is well-designed and easy to use.
Slightly negative Points I found
- You have to open the app once a day to make your steps count
- You get a bonus after walking 10,000 steps in a day for a few days in a row which is quite a bit — but also healthy
- Payout starts from 1000 Satoshis (0.41666440 USD as of today)
- You need a dedicated Lightning Wallet (Not to bad since I think the Lightning Network is here to stay)
- Problems of tracking steps: biking or any activity without your phone is not tracked and does not count
- Surveys are often taking 10 minutes and more. There is an indicator that shows the approximate time it will take. I check surveys from time to time to find a short one, but usually it’s not worth my time.
I made 253 Sats on my first day:
26 from Activity (4163 steps)
200 from a survey
27 from games, I solved a few chess puzzles which was really fun
After starting in June, as of writing this (31.7) I made 1672 Sats ($0.6893) with little to no effort. I logged in every other day to spin the wheel for free Sats and make my steps count. From time to time I did a few chess puzzles. This also got me started playing actual chess, so another benefit I would say. The absolute number may not seem much, but I love that this is relative to the Bitcoin price, and I am invested in all the growth that might happen.
More to come
In the app, there is a recent teaser that they will introduce cashback in Bitcoin, which sounds very promising to me. So far I am using the Binance Visa card to get some (2%) cashback in BNB but more ways and maybe more cashback sound always interesting when you are trying to stack as many Sats as possible!
That’s all I have got for today. There is no referral code, but you can use my code n1ce408 when creating an account to tip some Sats to me.
Now it’s up to you, will you try out the app and starting to get some free Sats? Do you know more apps / faucets, that pay you directly in Bitcoin and what is your experience? Let me know in the comments.
Have a beautiful day, until next time
None of this is financial advice. Please always do your own research.
Thanks for reading! If you would like to support my work, consider smashing that like button and/or using my affiliate links to make/safe money:
Register with CakeDefi — Start earning dividends on your assets today & get $50 for depositing funds worth $50!
SignUp for a free publish0x account — get paid in crypto for reading or writing!
Register with Binance — the biggest Exchange by volume and save 10% off trading fees forever!
Some other posts you might like: